This year we are working with Rex Blood Services to bring their bloodmobile to the festival for a blood drive that will begin at 12 Noon and run to 4 PM during the festival. Let's make this year bigger and better than last year. We have made it easier than ever to sign up. Please sign up at this link
About Rex Blood Services
Rex Blood Services is a not-for-profit, community blood bank dedicated to providing a safe, adequate blood supply to patients at Rex Healthcare and other area hospitals including UNC Healthcare, Duke Hospital, WakeMed, Duke Health Raleigh (formerly Raleigh Community), Person Memorial Hospital, Cape Fear Hospital, and Sampson Regional.
Did You Know?
- Every 3 seconds someone needs blood.
- One donation can help save 3 lives.
- Approximately 60% of our population is eligible to give blood and only 5% actually donate.
- O positive and A positive are the most common blood types.
- AB negative is the least common.
- There is no longer a twelve month deferral for receiving a tatoo if performed at a licensed facility in the United States. (All facilities in the state of NC are licensed.)
Appointments can be made starting today up to the date of the event. If you wish to donate blood and don't know if you are eligible, come out and try any ways, you could save someone's life. If you have any questions or concerns about donating blood, please contact us.
For more information about Rex Blood Services, please see their site